This past weekend was wonderful! I think weekends are great because a.) I get to sleep in b.) more time spent with Jeremy and finally c.) I don't have to work! So back to this weekend....Jeremy continued to work on the electrical in the house so that we can blow in the insulation soon. I putzed around the house and cleaned up some, worked on grading two quizzes and went grocery shopping. Saturday night we were invited to our good friends housewarming party. It was a lot of fun! They had this game there called Polish Horseshoes, it was a lot of fun and easier than regular horseshoes. I think I might have Jeremy make it and then we can plan on playing it next spring, or maybe even set it up in our basement. Then on Sunday we taught Sunday school and then headed over to Rochester to see my best friend Dawn! She came back east for a cousins wedding and we were able to meet up for lunch at Sinbads (yum). It was nice and almost her whole family came as well. I love them! Afterwards Jeremy and I went with Dawn to hang out at her brother and sister-in-laws "cottage". We played a form of Apples to Apples but used Compatibility game cards. I did not win, but that's ok. Then as we were sitting in their living room we discovered their nephews old Nintendo and played Dr. Mario! I was the champ at that! I love that game and am so thankful that we do not have it because I seriously could become addicted!
Yesterday I had to give my first after school detentions. I had bus duty in the morning and was sitting in the cafeteria monitoring some of the students when there was a little altercation and water was being thrown. What a fun way to start the morning! It made the day fly by fast though as I had to determine what happened and question quite a few students. So far today has been a quiet day and it looks like it will end that way as well. I need to go home and pack for a conference I am attending in Mass. on Thurs and Fri. I'm looking forward to getting to know a few of the teachers I work with a little better. Now Jeremy gets a small dose of what it is like to be left alone. =) I think he will fare better than I did! He's not as co-dependent! =)
1 comment:
It was so nice to see you guys! :) I will say that I am laughing at the thought of you giving an after school detention...hope you have fun at the conference!!
Post a Comment